Subject: [Leica] confession: a conversation with my wife
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Wed Dec 24 04:43:40 2008

Brian Reid wrote:

>I must confess to having had the following conversation with my wife today.
>
>She: Dear, I have no idea what to get you for Christmas. Do you need a lens
>for your Leica?
>
>Me: I already have all the lenses I need for my Leica. Besides, they're too
>expensive for you. What I really need is to find more time to use the
>lenses that I already have.
>
>Gulp. I feel like I've betrayed some ethos somewhere.

How fortunate you are that she's thinking of your photographic activities!
When asked what I want for Christmas my response was "no more 'stuff'".
'Stuff' takes too much time to maintain, store, and otherwise look after.
What I want is someone to do the yard work and repair the house and fences:
a gift of time, so that I can use the lenses I already have.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com) ([Leica] confession: a conversation with my wife)