Subject: [Leica] Leica lenses on the Pana G1 - a few photos from today
From: vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko)
Date: Wed Dec 24 11:40:24 2008

Hmmm

I did run into Henry's camera on my shopping trip today, to try a Pana
G1 in the store.

Okay, I see what you mean about the jitter while holding the camera,
while I manually focused the lens.  It was annoying.   Didn't seem
fatal, though.

And the price in CAD peso's is $800 ($650 USD), but it is plentifully
"in stock".  Didn't feel like an M8, but it also didn't feel like a
$3000 hole in my pocket.  And for the money, I get an image sensor for
my rack of Leica glass.  Tempting.

Guys, any signs of IR weirdness?  No need for UV/IR filters?

Having a "100mm" f1 Noctilux sounds really appealing.   The thought of
trying to hit the focus sounds intimidating.

So, maybe when prices fall, .....

....vick