Subject: [Leica] Merry Christmas!
From: abridge at gmail.com (Adam Bridge)
Date: Wed Dec 24 13:18:34 2008

Wonderful image, Tina.

Our Christmas Eve tradition involves the setting forth of luminaria
(that's Latin for brown paper bag that burns up when it's windy) just
before sundown, then having a late dinner, about 8 PM, of standing rib
roast, roasted root veggies, mashed potatoes, gravy, and a green
veggie of some kind (so things don't get out of hand.) Dessert is a
rustic apple-pear-cranberry pie, served about 11 PM or so unless
everyone decides it's a good idea to go to mid-night Mass. This year,
because of work/travel schedules, I think Mass will be postponed until
tomorrow and I'll demand my son open one of his gifts from me which is
an Irish whiskey recommended on this list last year! And the chances
of having luminaria are pretty small because a winter storm is blowing
in and it's been raining since before dawn; only a quarter-inch so far
but no sign it's going to be quitting any time soon. We're all VERY
glad we're not having to go up into the Sierra today or tomorrow. The
downside is not much exercise since I generally don't ride much in the
rain. I've had too many adventures this year as it stands.

Brussels Sprouts and sweet potato casserole sound pretty darn good to me!

Merry Christmas,

Adam