Subject: [Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion
From: richard.lists at gmail.com (Richard Man)
Date: Fri Dec 26 14:29:24 2008

Well, I kept my LS-4000 as the -5000 is not that great an improvement. When
I looked for a scanner for the XPan, I opted for the cheaper LS-8000 instead
of the LS-9000. Both are still churning away just fine.

Scanner technology does not make leaps like the digital cameras do. The CCD
is scanned one pixel line at a time, and the LS-4000/5000/8000/9000 etc. are
probably the best they can do given the price range.

--
// richard m: richard @imagecraft.com
// b: http://rfman.wordpress.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion)