Subject: [Leica] Canon 800mm IS
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Fri Dec 26 15:55:15 2008

rob mcclure

> I believe you are correct about turning off IS when on a tripod.  Even
> my lowly 28-135IS came with instructions to do so for the reasons you
> mentioned.

I thought the newer IS systems can work with a tripod?  Sure would make
sense, I'd not want to hand-hold a 10 lb lens with a 3 degree angle of
view.  It's challenging enough keeping it pointed at the subject when using
a monopod.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

mail2web LIVE ? Free email based on Microsoft? Exchange technology -
http://link.mail2web.com/LIVE

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Canon 800mm IS)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Canon 800mm IS)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Canon 800mm IS)