Subject: [Leica] Leica shops in Berlin?
From: douglas.sharp at gmx.de (Douglas Sharp)
Date: Sat Dec 27 08:31:53 2008

Hi Nathan,

BTW, if you really want to visit Leica Berlin - Meister's shop in
Fasanenstrasse - wear an Armani suit, park your Ferrari on the pavement
outside and treat the staff like dirt. :-)

They don't ever seem to have time for normal customers.

I gather Michiel had a similar experience.

I know that I was ignored for a full 25 minutes by staff chatting among
themselves before anyone even thought about noticing that customers (1,
namely me) were in the shop. Someone almost 1.90 metres tall and
weighing in at over 100 kg with a Titanium M6 and an R7 over his
shoulder is pretty hard to overlook in a store that is not exactly
spacious. When they finally got around to it I suddenly forgot how to
speak German and forced them to speak English - before telling them I'd
try a better shop in Hannover, which I did, and got a very reasonably
priced, almost mint, IIIG.

Lots are listed here - I've picked out 2 that look promising

http://www.photo-grande.de/gebraucht.htm

Well worth a look around if you can find the time

This place usually has some nice GDR and Russian stuff

http://www.wuestefeld.com/gelegenheiten/index.htm

plenty of s/h cameras here:
http://www.wuestefeld.com/gelegenheiten/Kamera.html

and lenses here: http://www.wuestefeld.com/gelegenheiten/Objektive.html