Subject: [Leica] Film Scanner Suggestion
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun Dec 28 00:55:51 2008

I thought the guy who made the scanners was named Ed!
But couldn't figure out the first name basis.
Seemed oddly casual. The guy who designed them at least!

Would not a lens which had to cover 4x5 inch have a lower rez than one which
only had to cover a 43mm crop circle?

I mean you don't shot 35mm slides with a JSK Schneider Symmar 150 view
camera lens  and think its going to have the pop something made for 35mm
format would you? Like a 50mm macro (both optics have to be good close in of
course. A Symmar is by the way virtually a macro even if it doesn't say so.)

Mark William Rabiner