Subject: [Leica] Re: Rodents
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon Dec 29 16:45:52 2008

"The lagomorphs are the members of the taxonomic order Lagomorpha, of which
there are two families, the Leporidae (hares and rabbits), and the
Ochotonidae (pikas). The name of the order is derived from the Greek lagos
(?????) hare and morph? (?????) form.
Though these mammals can resemble rodents (order Rodentia), and were
classified as a superfamily in that order until the early twentieth century,
they have since been considered a separate order."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagomorpha

As that did not show up on my list I had the gnawing thought that you'd be
wrong and looked it up.

They used to think Bunnies where rodents.
Some of the bunnies themselves I hear always were for quite a while
confused.

I think the bunnies and the chipmunks go to the same bars.

Mark William Rabiner