Subject: [Leica] IMGS: Kudzu
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Wed Dec 31 13:12:49 2008

At 03:26 PM 12/31/2008, you wrote:

>70 acres is not very much land but wouldn't be best to clear the
>Kudzu vines out and have someone grow a food crop on it?

Kudzu is impossible to get rid of.  You have to dig up the roots and
burn over it and it will still come back.

>Here the land would be leased out for cultivation to a local farmer.

We do lease out the land that is farmable, but the kudzu overgrown
part is mostly hilly with only two cultivatable plots that were used
to grow tobacco.  The cultivatable part is beautiful bottom land that
floods sometimes but is great for corn and soybeans.

Tina

Tina Manley
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from gregj_lorenzo at hotmail.com (Greg Lorenzo) ([Leica] New Year's Dinner)