Subject: [Leica] 100 years of Leica
From: jnelon at netvigator.com (JamesR.Nelon)
Date: Fri Jan 2 10:57:08 2009

Alistair,

I'm in - and will help wherever you need.

I agree with Tina. Here's my argument for 100% Leica content:

What ultimately qualifies for a Leica image? Simply a Leica UV filter on a
C** or N** or other body and lens. I don't think so. What about a Leica lens
on a C** or N** body? That's only part way there - almost an admission that
Leica bodies don't make the cut (which can be argued). What about a C** or
N** lens on a Leica body (huh?). That doesn't make much sense either since
the total product is not Leica. Leica's 100th anniversary deserves the
respect and honor of all Leica.  That's what the celebration is all about.
Not sharing the achievement of a superior image with any other system. Just
my 2 cents.

Jim Nelon