Subject: [Leica] Photos from Sudan
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Fri Jan 2 22:37:36 2009

Ah, yes! I remember those boxes (#11) well. I once had a college job,
which lasted four hours, loading cans with soybean oil. The cans had
to be loaded onto a feeder. They had to be in a particular
directions, so that a tube could shoot down a gallon of oil into the
opening. Of course, I would miss every now and then, causing the
feeder tube to crush the reversed can and spray oil all over the work
area.
The supervisor immediately accessed that I was unfit for industrial
kitchen labor. But being a kind man, he gave another chance. This
time loading the filled cans in similar boxes the young man is
holding up. At lunch time, I told them I had enough, and went home.
Only later did I find out that this particular program was run by an
outfit of crayola wielding analysts from Virginia making the world
safe for someone, or something. Can't quite get a grip on the concept
that was bandied around back then. But I know that dominoes were
involved somehow. Who knows!
sd