Subject: [Leica] Looking for quote
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Sat Jan 3 16:10:35 2009

At 07:06 PM 1/3/2009, you wrote:
The purpose of photography is to explain man to man and every man to himself
>Edward Steichen
>
>Thanks to Google.
>
>Tina

To be more precise:

When I first became interested in photography
 my
idea was to have it recognized as one of the fine
arts. Today I don?t give a hoot in hell about
that. The mission of photography is to explain
man to man and each to himself. And that is the
most complicated things on earth and almost as
na?ve as a tender plant. -
<http://www.photoquotes.com/ShowQuotes.aspx?id=120&name=Steichen,Edward>Edward

Steichen - as commented on his 90th birthday.,
Collection, Use, and Care of Historical
Photographs by Robert A. Weinstein , ISBN: 091005021X , Page: 16
This book is available from
<http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/091005021X/ref=nosim/photoquotes>Amazon.com

Tina

Tina Manley