Subject: [Leica] Leica Century: initial proposal from Alastair: LONG!!
From: luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Sun Jan 4 11:17:31 2009

Hi Alastair,

Thank you for your work and your long proposal description, I'll be
very happy to participate on the project.

I think is a great idea you sand the FOM2 book to the Leica CEO, may I
suggest you publish a list with the 37 people has said their interest
to participate?.

I'm agree that we are the worst judges to evaluate our own images and
for this reason I celebrate you allow participate everyone of us with
several images.

My only self questions are: if we are celebrating a Leica Century, if
it should be limited to new images made from 2008 onwards, or maybe
images with the condition that has not been published neither
participated on FOM2, Yearbook etc... You suggest we are celebrating a
Century of Leica style photography, and all the other brand can be of
course included, I absolutely respect your decision, but as Luggers on
origin maybe our main charachteristic is the mainly use of Leica
equipment (glass or camera), I ask me if the book will become too
generalist, or maybe "leica Century" is not the apropiate caption for
it.... It is very nice of you to say that at least one person who
participate with 10 pictures over the 5 years will be included into
the final selection..., O.K. but this is not a guaranty of an
outstanding book quality, and IMHO the quality shouldbe the first
criterium.

I think that this new book, as you say, should improve our effort and
should be a real challenge for all of us. Maybe the most important
thing will be not 100 pictures per year, maybe 100 will be the limit
but not the quantity if they are not 100% 10 over 10 point of view of
quality. I'm sure that this will be possible if we look at the
outstanding quality of FOM2, but  as you say we should try to do a
different project.

I don't know if you and others will share my thoughts..., is just my
opinion hopping to contribute to a final work that when someone see it
say simply WOW, of course FOM2 was WOW too.

Thank you very much again for your time..., maybe I'm wrong on my
thoughts...

Saludos cordiales
Lluis

El 04/01/2009, a las 11:33, Alastair Firkin escribi?: