Subject: [Leica] 100 years of Leica
From: donr at ishutterbug.com (donr@ishutterbug.com)
Date: Sun Jan 4 18:19:19 2009

I think "100% Leica" means using a Leica camera body with Leica lens to
take a picture. I think the picture is the "thing," or the end product
or result that is being viewed. We old-time Leicaphiles should be able
to "see" the "Leica" in it, though at that point we can't tell the
camera body that was used--or even if it was indeed a Leica body--but
only the "Leica look," the combination of grain and bokeh that Leica is
known for. Old-old-timers would probably require the picture to be B&W,
even developed by the shooter, maybe even printed by a Leica enlarger,
but I wouldn't go that far. I think color is okay, scanning to digital
is okay, Photoshop/Lightroom and the like are okay, output to image, web
or printer is okay. I think you can use pretty much any of the usual
accessories by the usual other manufacturers, like filters, tripods,
exposure meters, etc. Of course, the M8s would be exempted from using
film. <g> The more I think about it, it all really comes down to
utilizing a Leica lens because that's all the picture viewer can "see"
and identify as "Leica." Does this sound right?
Don