Subject: [Leica] M8 and G1 comparo with the 15mm Heliar
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon Jan 5 22:57:50 2009

Hi Luggers,

It is a quiet sunny day in Hong Kong today - the interlude between the
Christmas and New Year's and Chinese New Year to come.
I put my 15 Heliar on the M8 and then via adapter on the G1 and
snapped a couple of photos of my lovely wife Esther going over the
Christmas bills.

1.http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/M+Lenses+to+Micro+4-3rds/L15Heliarw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/72jdep

2.http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/M+Lenses+to+Micro+4-3rds/P15Heliarw.jpg.html

http://tinyurl.com/8ap65q

The photos don't prove much except that both cameras work reasonably
well with the 15 Heliar and the cropping
difference from the different sized chips is evident.

Outdoors in 4 panel panos the M8 is sharper by quite a bit but that is
not so evident in these single photo examples.

Comments welcome,

Howard

Replies: Reply from luisripoll at telefonica.net (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] M8 and G1 comparo with the 15mm Heliar)