Subject: [Leica] Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard
From: jbm at jbm.org (Jeff Moore)
Date: Tue Jan 6 12:52:45 2009

2009-01-06-11:02:22 Sonny Carter:
> http://www.theonion.com/content/video/apple_introduces_revolutionary?utm_source=onion_rss_daily

Pretty brilliantly executed!  Those Onion people are a hoot.  (Did I use
the right word for Wisconsin, whence they came?)

I remember seeing a very similar spoof years ago, back when comedy was
text-only and possibly before the example of the iPod's wheel interface
existed;  it described Apple's replacement for the keyboard with a
spinning wheel of characters on the screen, which you needed to catch
with a mouse click at just the right time to type the letter you
wanted...  it may have been from The Onion, may have been from someone
else.  My first few attempts to probe for it with Google didn't hit the
right thing, and I gave up for now.

But the thoroughness of this Onion rendition, with sets and typography
and extras, is great.

 -Jeff

Replies: Reply from imagist3 at mac.com (Lottermoser George) ([Leica] Apple Introduces Revolutionary New Laptop With No Keyboard)