Subject: [Leica] HDR restraint
From: kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney)
Date: Thu Jan 8 12:48:21 2009

Duane,

Thanks much for taking the time for a detailed critique.  I had not noticed
some of those things.   I thought the main issue in the Mosque photo was
that the sky (light overcast) turned out looking like a portrait backdrop.
Yes, definitely manipulated.  None of the scenes presented themselves like
the photos.  In Kingfisher 2 the light rays were there, but not to the
unaided eye.  What is your reference to using a brush?  I am just using
Photomatix Pro.

I'm not sure if HDR has a future (or a present) for me, but it is an
intriguing idea.

Ken