Subject: [Leica] Re: Reply to a new Lugger
From: lrzeitlin at optonline.net (Lawrence Zeitlin)
Date: Fri Jan 9 06:07:43 2009

On Jan 8, 2009, at 7:59 PM, lug-request@leica-users.org wrote:

>> How many photographers -- serious and otherwise -- still use M2 or
>> similar cameras?
>> Who develops the film?
>> Is it about using film and then digitizing the images, or what?

I still use a Leica IIIc, a Leica IIIf, and a first edition M3 (older
than the M2) and a Leica CL. Also a handful of non-Leicas including a
couple of OM SLRs and a Rollei 35. The B&W film is mostly Tri X
developed in HC110. I use a couple of old Nikor tanks. If I need to
make a paper print, I pull out my very old Kodak Portable enlarger.
My current darkroom is an upstairs bathroom. Color print film is
usually Kodak developed through the services of the local A&P.
Negatives are scanned using a film scanner and captured on an iMac in
iPhoto. Editing is done either in GraphicConverter or Photoshop. To
make a big print, I burn the image to CD and take it to Kinko's. But
to be really honest, most casual photography over the last few years
has been done with an unmemorable assortment of digital cameras.

Larry Z