Subject: [Leica] Flat bed scanners
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Fri Jan 9 07:13:31 2009

Great!
As I posted to Marty off list.
The proposal was put to bed at 3PM yesterday. The research library,
which is doing the project, went with the 750 and a Coolscan 5000.
Most of my negs are 120. But, there are enough chromes and BW 35mm to
justify the Coolscan.
The images usually go to academic publications, who are just grateful
to have material on an era. I've yet to have one quibble about
quality on an image.
But what I've seen from the lowly flatbed scanner with 120, it is
definitely workable. The grant will cover X amount of hours of my
scanning somewhere around 1000 rolls of film. Which is about 12m to
30m exposures.
Color negs are easily done by most commercial labs. It's the BW
material which concerns me. I don't like "others" handling that
material.
sd