Subject: [Leica] query from new subscriber
From: chs2018 at med.cornell.edu (Chris Saganich)
Date: Fri Jan 9 07:32:45 2009

My 2 cents is you have the opportunity to get involved and enjoy
photography in a way fewer people can these days.  I started with color
film, a corner drugstore, and a cheap film scanner then worked into
processing my own B&W which evolved to include print making.  I mostly scan
film but haven't turned to inkjet printing yet because I'm still enamored
by my Focomats.

An old libertine once said, let desire guide you.

At 07:16 PM 1/8/2009, you wrote:
>A person that I shall not identify has just subscribed to the LUG, and he
>is wondering if he has come to the right place. He says
>
>>Based on the first 100 emails from LUG, I wasn't sure I should lob basic
>>issues into an apparently high level conversation
>
>and then later on he says
>
>>I have an M2 (c.a. 1957), the VisoFlex, five lenses,  a pile of
>>adapter rings and filters, a Pradovit projector, old light meters, etc...
>>
>>So, my questions:
>>
>>How many photographers -- serious and otherwise -- still use M2 or
>>similar cameras?
>>Who develops the film?
>>Is it about using film and then digitizing the images, or what?
>
>What do you have to say to him? He's listening.

Chris Saganich MS, CPH
Senior Physicist, Office of Health Physics
New York Presbyterian Hospital
chs2018@med.cornell.edu
http://intranet.med.cornell.edu/research/health_phys/
Ph. 212.746.6964