Subject: [Leica] Travel hard drive?
From: leica at rcmckee.com (R. Clayton McKee)
Date: Fri Jan 9 09:06:02 2009

Quoth the Robert Clark :

> I have an ASUS and for the past two years, it's worked like a tank.
> No complaints at all. It has an internal 80GB drive and when coupled
> with my 250GB Toshiba EXT HD, it's the perfect combo.

VERY glad to hear that.  Nice to know I misread it.

I haven't had any personal experience with the EEE besides fiddling
with one at the geek shop.  Loved the concept from the beginning but
it didn't feel strongly put together.  I'm not particularly brand-
loyal beyond knowing what I've had good experiences with, and I've
built up several good machines on both ASUS and Acer mobo's, so I was
a little disappointed that the EEE didn't grab me more than it did.

So now I have the backup plan, then, if the Acer doesn't work out.

C'MON, FedEx guy.  I hate waiting.

--

R. Clayton McKee                           http://www.rcmckee.com
Photojournalist                               rcmckee@rcmckee.com