Subject: [Leica] Thanks...
From: grdalton at hotmail.com (Gary Dalton)
Date: Fri Jan 9 13:07:37 2009

I'm the "new subscriber" referenced in Brian's earlier email...

Thanks for the welcoming input that many of you provided... I think there's
much I could learn here, even if I simply lurk.

Your various responses have helped me rethink and sharpen my intentions...
Before joining LUG, I thought I might sell my M2 and use the proceeds to
move deeper into the digital world. I don't think I'll go there -- not yet
anyway...

Although digital photography is irresistibly "seductive" -- as one of
you pointed out -- there's also something compelling about that raw
and basic relationship between a photographer, a camera (that demands
settings), and the subject matter being captured...

So, I'm going to buy some film and simply start shooting again. It's time to
find out what the camera and its lenses can do...(not to mention the guy
behind the lens...)

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync.

Replies: Reply from hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Thanks...)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey@mchsi.com) ([Leica] Thanks...)