Subject: [Leica] A quick flash flood and I'll make the newspaper!
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Fri Jan 9 19:41:09 2009

I hope that you were severely jealous Bob, we missed you for Point Lobos
too. Doug took himself out with a self inflicted eye injury as well (hint,
it involved manure and a shovel). The tour guide said he had been in the
valley for 15 years and only seen that particular weather circumstance about
4 or 5 times. My kids were sad on the first day as they were expecting snow,
then as we drove into the valley on the second day....
No that photog was some unknown dude cluttering up MY creek bed below the
falls with his dSLR. Actually there were at least two others! I posted this
for fun.
Almost no-one was at Tunnel View for the magic snow fall.
BTW I pushed the shutter release 2000 times for the 146 I posted. In Provia
here that would have been about $3000 here! The M8 is still smiling.

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.