Subject: [Leica] New TMY
From: s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov)
Date: Sat Jan 10 08:32:11 2009

Tmax is notorious for blocking highlights. It's almost impossible to
do a time exposure with it to get a "foggy" water effect. Even Sexton
prints that I've seen, done from Tmax films, seem to have a problem
with highlights.
Now if you look at Caponigro's work with older emulsions, well,
there's just no comparison!
On the other hand, when Tmax first came out, that emulsion was also
different. It was so clean, with such a great mid range, that 120
looked like it was shoot with 4x5. Of course, it was processed with
Tmax chemistry. The film itself was also much thicker. I had to have
my SL66 back re-adjusted to that.
sd