Subject: [Leica] Paypal and Postal Insurance Question
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Sun Jan 11 06:58:17 2009

At 01:53 AM 1/11/2009, Frank Filippone wrote:

 >Or ship UPS with $100 in insurance for free......

NOT for foreign shipments unless the item is
still in production.  None of the private
carriers will insure an item which is no longer
in production but which bears a serial number.  I
understand their rationale for doing so but they
should tell you that BEFORE you ship with them
which they do not do:  if a loss occurs, they
simply refund the insurance premium, if any, and burp out, "so sorry".

As a retired attorney, I do admire a decent
larceny, but that of UPS and FedEx is over the top in this matter.

Insist on insurance, and ship it by mail.  Safest
and surest.  Avoid UPS and the like as you avoid
taking your flu shot every year!

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!