Subject: [Leica] Neopan advice--Tina Manley
From: leicar8 at hughes.net (tm)
Date: Sun Jan 11 14:36:05 2009

I highly recommend using Microdol-X to process your Neopan. If it is Neopan
400, process it diluted 1:3 at 75 degrees for 18 minutes. This will result
in retention of all highlight and shadow details, making printing easy. I
also use the aforementioned processing details for Delta 100, Acros 100, and
Tri-X at 400. Dick Gilcreast of the Leica Historical Society mentioned this
in an article of the Society's Viewfinder Magazine years ago, and it is
wonderful! Last year I captured some images of people gathering at a very
informal movie premiere, all wearing bright white t-shirts in bright
sunlight, with my 90mm APO/Aspherical 90mm-M lens and Acros 100. I processed
the roll of Acros in undiluted ID-11 (identical to D-76) and the t-shirt
highlights were blown out, showing no detail whatsoever. (I used the ID-11
that time because I was out of Microdol-X.) I've captured images of children
and cats and dogs during the last five years in various lighting conditions,
including outdoors in bright sun and indoors with my Metz flash, and
Microdol-X always gave and gives me easy-to-print negatives with details
completely intact.

Terry

Replies: Reply from images at comporium.net (Tina Manley) ([Leica] Neopan advice--Tina Manley)