Subject: [Leica] PESO: Winter dreams
From: hoppyman at bigpond.net.au (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Sun Jan 11 20:18:17 2009

Howard I quite like the slightly broader view with more of the shapes and
the curves of the different ice areas.
As to the central gradient, I suspect that you may have introduced some
posterisation maybe in your processing? That is some loss of gradation
smoothness? There are some visible odd fringing artefacts in the larger
version too, maybe from localised exposure adjustment??? Since you are
dealing with a LOT of brights there, what was the histogram like? I note
that you made a manual exposure. You ought to have a gazillion highlight
tones to manipulate if you have a good filled in right end of that
histogram. By the way large sizes and plain light tones are pitiless as far
as revealing sensor spots too ;-)

Cheers
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/e
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gh/
Pick up your camera and make the best photo you can.