Subject: [Leica] IMG : #001
From: len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier)
Date: Mon Jan 12 07:16:45 2009

Good morning, Seth,

Yes, I probably misstated the capabilities of the Noctilux when I
made the comment. It was made to emphasize the superb qualities of
Graham's photo. However I feel that the current f1.0 Noctilux is as
good as the current Summicron from f5.6 and smaller. This is based on
my personal experience with the lens. Yes the lens was designed to be
used at f1.0 but to limit it's use to the darkness is an injustice to
it. Those of us who dare to use it in sunlight or in otherwise
brighter light are rewarded with superb images.  There is a quality
to the images that I find both different and more pleasing to me. I
can't put my finger on it.

Best Regards,
Len