Subject: PS Re: [Leica] Re:HDR, Leica DMR and Nikon D3
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Wed Jan 14 13:52:07 2009

At 2:07 PM -0500 1/14/09, Mark Rabiner wrote:
>Here's one for the studio audience.
>Which tripod would you rather use:
>A Gitzo metal or a Bogan carbon fiber?
>

>I'd go with the Carbon Fiber no matter who made it.
>Mattel toys even.
>

>And there are Carbon Fiber Cellos.
>...Funnier than fiction every time.
>

>Mark William Rabiner

Since they're both made by the same company, you now get to buy more
features for less money and lesser quality, or less features and
better quality all from the same people.

In a studio I might choose a metal Gitzo; in the field probably the
Manfrotto. There are a number of Carbon Fiber tripods out there that
have questionable connections where the tubes attach to the spider.
I've seen the tubes crack and crumple and fall off.

--

    *            Henning J. Wulff
   /|\      Wulff Photography & Design