Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses on Nikon bodies with the Leitax adapter
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed Jan 14 17:23:36 2009

Hi Doug,
I have mis-spoke by generalizing about "all" Leica lenses being
reversible.
Thanks for the clarification. On the Leitax info page for Nikon the
following lenses cannot be changed "due to physical incompatibility"
Elmarit           35/2.8   1 cam
Vario-Elmar  35-70/4  ROM
Telyt-R           400/6.8
For the Telyt your explanation explains why. But would it matter if
you never use the Telyts on an SL?
Cheers
Howard