Subject: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (Ted Grant)
Date: Thu Jan 15 09:20:16 2009

Tina offered:

Subject: Re: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure

>>>I usually, but not always, use -1/3.  I think digital exposures are

more like slide film than negative film so I expose for the

highlights instead of the shadows.<<<<

Hi Tina, Nathan & Crew,

During the Leica Seminar last fall Tina changed my M8 to read -1/3 exposure.
My exposures immediately began to look like transparencies in how I shot
slide film. I was getting image results far more to my liking when colour
was the magic of the moment.

I ventured into a -2/3 and in many cases they looked even better. Now I was
really shooting slide film by the look of the results as I'd done for years
on film. The look? A richer vibrant colour saturation and just plain old
fashion better. So that's how the camera sits right now.

Have I found any negative aspects? Nope, but then I'm not a techie in making
all kinds of tests and comparisons. I only relate to the end result looking
cool! They do! :-)

Thanks Tina for once again opening the old guy's eyes and mind. :-)

Cheers,

ted

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Question about M8 exposure)