Subject: [Leica] Question about M8 exposure
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Thu Jan 15 11:34:51 2009

> At 01:10 AM 1/15/2009, you wrote:
> >I have noticed that most of the M8 images posted here have exposure
> >compensation of -1/3 stop or -2/3 stop applied to them. Is there any
> >particular reason for doing that? I have not noticed any tendency for
> >my M8 to overexpose (I shoot on aperture priority and auto
> ISO most of
> >the time).
> >
> >Cheers,
> >Nathan
>
> I usually, but not always, use -1/3.  I think digital exposures are
> more like slide film than negative film so I expose for the
> highlights instead of the shadows.
>
> Tina

if you shoot RAW you lose a lot of information that way which could be
useful during post-processing. You significantly reduce the dynamic range
you have available.

I 'expose to the right' of the histogram. Sounds like the sort of question
tailors ask their gentlemen customers.

Regards
Bob

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Question about M8 exposure)