Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses on Nikon bodies with the Leitex adapter
From: drodgers at casefarms.com (David Rodgers)
Date: Fri Jan 16 11:40:04 2009

Frank,

>>It works horribly ( IMHO) for the average guy that wants to use his R
lenses on his Nikon Digital thingie..... where stopping down is more
necessary.<<

OTOH, what if someone made the following offer a few years back.

There's a film you can buy that's 3 stops faster than what currently
available to you. The format is also 30 percent larger. In order to use
it, though, your lenses have to operate in stopped down mode at all
times. You'll also have to spend around $100 for each lens you plan to
use. It is worth considering?

While it's not quite that cut and dried, it's not far off. Certainly
some people are going to say it's not worth it. But others might not
think it's so horrible. Even me, and I'm a pretty average photographer.

If you consider what you lose, it's a bad thing. If you consider what
you gain compared to what you lose, it's a bigger dilemma.

Also, not sure you were referring to the D700, but if so it's probably
closer to a wow than a thingie. OTOH, truth be told, if we were still in
boom times I'd have probably bought a Leica! :-)

DaveR