Subject: [Leica] Re: OT more audiophilia spectacularly OT but interesting to a few
From: felixmaturana at telefonica.net (FÂelix LÂopez de Maturana)
Date: Sat Jan 17 06:53:10 2009

> I know most of you will think this high price stuff is a joke, and at
> this price (and actually, looking at the design as a person who used
> to design high end turntables >30 years ago, this particular item is a
> victory for marketing). The most important engineering aspects for a
> turntable to work well are not addressed in this design, more a
> styling/marketing exercise (IMHO).
> It is actually extremely high tech to produce a device to transduce
> records without adding some, or a lot, of non signal related
> vibrations ends up being added to the output by the machine. A record
> playing device which works well is likely to cost several orders on
> magnitude more than any CD player, and is probably not worth it........
> The device I have measured and listened to which is the most accurate,
> the Goldmund Reference was very expensive (not as much as this thing
> though) and made in tiny quantities.
>
> There is a very expensive turntable system which, based on my
> knowledge, probably is the most accurate one available. It cleverly
> addresses all the important requirements I know of. I have never seen
> or listened to one.
>
> http://www.continuumaudiolabs.com/
>
> but not as pretty.
> FWIW,
> Frank
Frank

I'm still listening my vinyl records in a Linn Sondek LP12 with a Link
arm and a Ortofon MC3000 moving coil capsule and this equipment has
really, I think, more than thirty years. I only, myself, touch the
records so they are clean and intact. I love this sound however due to
my age I'm loosing my sound perceptivity. This is the same spirit of
Leica gear. And...the sdame efficiency.

Regards

Felix

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Re: OT more audiophilia spectacularly OT but interesting to a few)