Subject: [Leica] Monopods and and kind of head on top.....
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Jan 17 08:48:07 2009

Frank Filippone wrote:

>I know there is a reason for it, but I do not understand.  Why is ANY kind
>of head needed/useful on a monopod?
>
>Isn't it just as easy to move your body around such that the monopod is not
>truly plumb in order to "sight" up or slightly down?

I often need to point the camera more than slightly up or down, and I find
that the rig is more stable when the monopod foot is forward of the head so
that I can lean into it and use my bio-legs along with the monopod leg to
form a tripod.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com