Subject: [Leica] Cleaner older Leica lenses
From: irving at iit.edu (Thomas Irving)
Date: Sat Jan 17 10:08:33 2009

Folks,

I was wondering how fragile the coatings are on my 1960's vintage lenses

are. I've always gone the whole deal with brushing the dust off followed
by
wet lens paper etc but I've gotten to appreciate modern conveniences
such as
lens-pens and microfiber cloths that seem to be able to be used with
modern
multi-coated lenses with impunity. Any tips?

Also can anyone point me to a site where they discuss the relative

merits/demerits of various vintage Leica lenses?
--
Thanks,

Tom Irving

Professor of Biology and Physics,
Director Biophysics Collaborative Access Team (BioCAT)
Director Center for Synchrotron Radiation Research and Instrumentation
(CSRRI) Dept. BCPS, Illinois Institute of Technology
3101 S. Dearborn, Chicago IL. 60616, USA
(312) 567-3489 FAX: (312)567-3494
email:irving@agni.phys.iit.edu

Replies: Reply from h_arche at yahoo.com (H. Ball Arche) ([Leica] Cleaner older Leica lenses)
Reply from len-001 at verizon.net (Leonard Taupier) ([Leica] Cleaner older Leica lenses)