Subject: [Leica] WTB: Nikon Coolscan V ED
From: crbirchenhall at googlemail.com (Christopher Birchenhall)
Date: Sat Jan 17 12:28:17 2009

Yama

I am hanging onto mine. I had even thought of buying a 5000 if I can
find one so I have a healthy state of redundancy. Nikon's withdrawal
from film scanners was a major blow to we film users.

Furthermore, three of the local film labs I have used are now closed
or are to close soon. One of those is in a large soon-to-close branch
of Jessops (a major chain of photo stores in the UK who are in
financial difficulty).  There are other local film processors but I do
wonder for how long. I can see my turning to the main mail order
service in the UK (Peak Processing) and hope they benefit from the
high street demise. Beyond that it may involve going back to self
processing of B&W. Maybe not a bad thing but I have kinda got to like
colour and no longer have a wet room.

I hope you find your V ED, Chris B