Subject: [Leica] January 16, 2009 - Investigation Update: Outbreak of Salmonella Typhimurium Infections, 2008-2009 | Salmonella CDCs
From: kididdoc at cox.net (Steve Barbour)
Date: Sat Jan 17 16:38:45 2009

On Jan 17, 2009, at 5:19 PM, Ted Grant wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>
> Thanks for the heads-up as we've not seen nor heard of any warnings. I
> printed mine and gave to Irene.

from the CDC update Jan 16...

The investigation is ongoing, and exposures to peanut butter and other
peanut butter-containing products are being examined. Preliminary
analysis of an epidemiologic study conducted by CDC and public health
officials in multiple states comparing foods eaten by ill and well
persons has suggested peanut butter as a likely source of the bacteria
causing the infections. To date, no association has been found with
common brand names of peanut butter sold in grocery stores.

unclear now, may be prepared foods with peanut butter, or other at
this stage...

Steve