Subject: [Leica] Leica R lenses on Nikon bodies with the Leitax bayonet
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sun Jan 18 21:55:26 2009

Doug,

My question to David was not really about his lens. He is aware that I am
about to receive a similar lens which I plan to use, with an appropriate
adapter, on my Oly E-510.  I assumed that, with no contact between the body
mechanism and the piece that David broke, the lens would stop down to the
setting called for by the aperture ring.  In other words, I assumed the lens
would operate similar to a Takumar when set to "M".  If this is not correct,
I could be in trouble with my plans to use the lens on the Oly.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA