Subject: [Leica] Bokeh yes
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Tue Jan 20 12:47:30 2009

My findings are that when you look at the so called lens reports on blog
like entities dominating the internet for the past decade you get
discussions of Bokeh and not much else. I would just look. Google it. Google
your lens.
It's as if people do nothing but shoot everything wide open.
And then stare endlessly at the backgrounds waiting for a sailing ship to
pop out.

And I disagree with this "one mans Bokeh is another's hot tuna sandwich"
idea being propagated on this thread.
Either a background is smooth or its not.
Its not a Rorschach Test and its not Rocket Science.
Either there are obvious artifacts or there are not.
Smooth is Smooth
Peanut is Peanut

Mark William Rabiner

You can tell a lens has bad Bokeh by the peanuts on its breath.