Subject: [Leica] Questions from a Neophyte
From: marcsmall at comcast.net (Marc James Small)
Date: Tue Jan 20 12:59:43 2009

At 02:38 PM 1/20/2009, Gary Dalton wrote:

 >I have an old Weston Master V light meter that appears to be
 >flat-lining. The meter moves ever so slightly, even in bright light.
 >Can it be repaired? Do I even want to have it repaired? If so, where?

Selenium meters fail for two primary reasons,
either water leaking into the cell or a break in
the mechanical linkage.  A cell which has
retained its watertight integrity will last indefinitely.

Of course it is worth repair, as selenium more
closely matches the response patterns of film than do later substrtes.

George Milton at Quality Light-Metric in
Hollywood is your man.  He is fast, relatively
inexpensive, and the best in the business.

Marc

msmall@aya.yale.edu
Cha robh b?s fir gun ghr?s fir!