Subject: [Leica] Too Busy?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed Jan 21 13:27:07 2009

This is the kind of shot I do like on my wall big.
But today I think the shot looks good the size it is.
The whole point is its uniformity of pattern and intricacy which is uniform.
Each boat is a boat. But intermeshed like that they become a big boat
pattern! I love the hell outa that.
Zoom in more - does the shot get better or worse?
Worse is my guess.
And that would I think certainly be an option.

In the past years shooting 10.5 megapixel files I think nothing about
extreme cropping later. I crop more than I don't crop. I can carry a 50 with
me but just as soon shoot it at 35 to top end of my wide zoom and crop it to
as if it was shot with a 50 or 60mm lens later. Or more.
If the suns out and I'm shooting a low ISO with a high shudder speed I'll
crop the blazes outa the puppy till it looks tight and right.
Less busy if need be.

Mark William Rabiner