Subject: [Leica] Petition for initiating M8 lens identification in firmware
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Wed Jan 21 17:46:21 2009

Thanks for responding on those points Mitch. Anyone interested can read the
posted names and comments if desired. Perhaps Messrs' Anonymous, Kaufmann,
Barnack, S. Lee, Gandy, Brian et al can appeal against having their
identities misrepresented. That Barnack fellow looks to have nearly as many
entries as Mr Anonymous.
Yes I am making a joke regarding your petition, but perhaps you can see what
I think is a difficulty with the mechanics of an on-line petition.
I would take a guess and say maybe the company providing the petition
software are the people asking for a PayPal donation?
I haven't made any entry on your list of course and so have not seen this
personally. I did just read about it on the L Camera Forum where I am also a
member.

Any post to a list with a link that asks for your name and what Leica
equipment you own, then automatically pops up a donation request starts to
look like SPAM or at least less reputable to me. Of course, I'm not in
charge and won't bother you further. Happy to contribute on the actual
subject of coding and firmeware changes though. There is now a separate
thread with a little discussion on this started here now.