Subject: [Leica] Advice on filters
From: leica at web-options.com (Bob W)
Date: Fri Jan 23 00:34:35 2009

B+W and Heliopan are good brands. Hoya do some high-end filters too. I'd
imagine Rodenstock are up there as well. You can buy perfectly clear filters
whose only purpose is protection, otherwise use UV or (if you have a M8)
UV/IR.

You're likely to get little kids' fingerprints on the front element too. A
lens hood might do something to help prevent this.

Where are you going?

Bob

> Hello!

[...]
> * Next summer I'll be going on vacation to the North of Africa.  It
> will be a one week walk and dust will be a certainty.

[...]

Replies: Reply from nmsbaeta at gmail.com (Nuno Miguel dos Santos Baeta) ([Leica] Advice on filters)