Subject: [Leica] black cats, metering and zone system
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri Jan 23 13:57:36 2009

the simple answer = yes
using "curves" in Light Room or Photoshop
will give you a whole lot of control

the caveat = if the information hasn't been captured
as in "blown highlights"

One of the many reasons to do this test with your digital camera
is to discover at what high point or low point you will fail to
capture useable image data.

At the moment that you've completed the series of exposures
you will see how useful the test is in the digital realm.

it is, in my opinion, every bit as useful to digital as it is to film;
however, more akin to the slide film,
"expose for the highlights and post process for the shadows"
as aposed to the film negative approach,
"expose for the shadows and develop for the highlights."

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george@imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com