Subject: [Leica] Two Questions...
From: grdalton at hotmail.com (Gary Dalton)
Date: Sat Jan 24 11:00:11 2009

Thank you for responding. My additional comments below.

> 1.  the dent is only cosmetic.  It can be bumped out, when you get the
> camera serviced, for example, for the rangefinder alignment.
> Replacement is not easy or cheap; you have to find another top.  I've
> seen them sell for over $200.

If it can be bumped out and polished that would be fine, but that the dent
falls right on the corner where the top and side meet makes me think it
could be complicated.

> 2.  the rangefinder image alignment is supposed to be perfect.  This can
> be an easy adjustment.

Well, that's good news. I'm sure the lack of alignment is due to the fall.
I'm thinking a general CLA and dent removal or top cover replacement are in
order. It probably makes sense to do this all at once.