Subject: [Leica] Two Questions...
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat Jan 24 21:41:18 2009

On Sat, 24 Jan 2009 Gary Dalton wrote:

> Another legacy of the fall it took years ago might be a problem with the
> rangefinder, but I'm not sure given my very limited experience >with
> rangefinders. Question: As I focus, how are the images in the rangefinder
> supposed to line up? Perfectly? Or one under the other? (I >am not
> experiencing a perfect line up.)
If the images are out of alignment vertically, the RF can be adjusted by
removing the chrome screw between the windows and turning
the screw that lies beneath (carefully, since very little movement is
needed).  This process goes faster if you take the lens off and check the
new setting by pushing the cam roller with a finger.  I saw Walter Heun of
Leitz demonstrate this years ago, and have done it myself since then.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee