Subject: [Leica] Coaling pier
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sun Jan 25 20:26:28 2009

 Bob W wrote:

>> This is the coaling pier at Greenwich Power Station. Colliers used to dock
>> alongside and offload coal to fire the electricity generators.
>>
>> http://www.web-options.com/Top12/content/L1030230_large.html
>>
>> The power station is a back-up for the London Underground. It's still
>> operational, but is now gas-fired. The pillars of the pier are Doric in
>> style.
>>
>> The beach beneath the pier was the setting for a murder mystery written
>> byst two, and
>> local resident and former Poet Laureate C. Day-Lewis, writing as Nichola
>> Blake.

Bob this is a nice shot; but sunsets/sunrises, are easy. You need to
offer thanks to God for giving us  yet another lovely sunset.  The
hardest pictures to make your own are fire, sunsets and fireworks.

Given all the stuff you wrote about it, I'd love to see more
exploration of the place.  I'd even like to shoot there, but seeing I
will not be back to the UK for awhile, I'll have to depend on you to
get me some better shots.

Sonny
http://www.sonc.com
http://sonc.stumbleupon.com/