Subject: [Leica] Re: inkjet printer
From: don.dory at gmail.com (Don Dory)
Date: Thu Jan 29 06:19:11 2009

Bill,
If you only want to do B&W then several of the HP printers with two or more
B&W inks will serve nicely.  Probably the 9180 HP would be my second choice
to the Epson that Daniel mentioned.  At half the price it is more than half
the printer.  Be aware that the HP's only really work with HP paper for
archival purposes.

If you can stomach the $1300 price for the Epson then go there as it is a
truly outstanding printer.  It uses the larger nozzle heads from the
industrial printers so the head clog of death so common with the smaller
printers is gone as well as the larger ink tanks so running out of ink is
not so common.  Truly a lovely printer.