Subject: [Leica] Re: G10 vibes
From: Jan.Decher at uvm.edu (Jan Decher)
Date: Thu Jan 29 19:03:25 2009

Douglas,

"something robust - with little or no shutter lag - that fits in my
pocket and ideally has an optical viewfinder" - sounds like a nice
little mechanical Leica IIIc or f to me... ;-)

I was not impressed by the Panasonic G1 test in Pop. Photography.
Tthey liked the concept but though it was not quite finished yet.
Another somewhat pocketable option are the smaller Olympus and Pentax
DSLRs with the "pancake" size standard lenses (25 mm 40mm).  Too bad
Canon doesn't make a pancake lens for the Rebel Series.

Optical viewfinders wil become something of an endangered species in
point and shoot cameras I am afraid.  As it stands the G10 is
probably you best bet.  It has a litlle bit of a retro design. Wished
the lens had a real filter thread or bayonet for a lens hood though.
Jan

Replies: Reply from s_gregory1 at mac.com (Scott Gregory) ([Leica] Re: G10 vibes to Jan)
Reply from s.dimitrov at charter.net (Slobodan Dimitrov) ([Leica] Re: G10 vibes)